Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hello everyone! Blog#1

Greetings all!

As I begin my narrative on the blogosphere I wanted to first give a little information about myself. I hope to be a resource to many and all who are interested in the insights I can provide as a sexologist and certified sex therapist!

My passion is for workshops and other personal interactions (like coaching, therapy, seminars, training, and supervision).

My other passion is sex therapy - helping you and your partner connect (or reconnect) through sensual and sexual intimacy, coaching you as you work through any psychological or physical challenges as a team.

I am now turning more attention to research writing & publication. My goal is to reach a broader audience and initiate professional conversations about what works best for troubled couples & individuals

A little more about my professional life:

I have studied human sexuality for over 30 years, beginning at the renowned Masters and Johnson Institute, where I started studying human sexuality, practiced sex therapy, conducted research, and ran seminar and educational opportunities. 

I am an AASECT certified Sex Therapist and Supervisor; I provide supervision to professionals in training for certification. Recently, I have been working on several publications related to updating current literature on sex therapy techniques and updating. 

For the past 25 years I have practiced couples’ and sex therapy through my own private practice, Intimate Reconnections. I have hosted several couples’ retreats and seminars on sexual intimacy. 

Since 2003 I have been teaching Human Sexuality at the Brown School of Social Work at Washington University in St. Louis. I also visit various organizations, communities, and educational institutes around the country lecturing on sexuality topics.

I hope this blog can be a source of inspiration, exploration, and education. Please contact me with any suggestions or questions!


For more information about me, please visit my site: intimatereconnections.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment